Wednesday, 19 September 2007

General update

Where do I start? So much has been going on its hard to know.

I go back to work in 2 weeks time, and Aidan starts at the creche tomorrow (where did the timne go?!) and I have been trying to get things ready for this. I started Aidan on one formula feed a day, and was planning on working up to two when things started to go wrong...

Which leads me to this - Aidan has been on meds for his reflux for two weeks now. After a week we started to notice a real difference - he even slept from 7pm until 5am one night (and I only woke him for a feed at 10:30pm) which has never happened!! But then he started to get progressively worse, and now he will only sleep in my arms most nights. We both end up exhausted! And now he's cut right back on breastfeeding and in any case anything he eats seems to come right back up.

I think this all has something to do with the introduction of formula, as it started to get worse the day after we introduced to formula. But I have no choice but to give him formula as he needs to eat which he's at nursery and I just don't think I could pump enough each day for him to have at nursery. So, today I'm taking him to the doctors again as I'm starting to get worried now. And I'm feeling quite stressed about how this is all going to pan out with me going back to work!

In other news, our boiler is broken and we either have freezing cold water (usually when we want a shower or a bath) or scalding hot water. It took us an hour the last two nights to run a bath for Aidan, as we had to heat pots, kettles and pans of water up for it! It should be fun trying to get the estate agents to agree to replace it as the pumber suggested, but basically I won;t take no for an answer and I'm ready to fight them if need be. I'll let you know how it goes.

We got Aidan's cot delivered yesterday and put it together last night - it is lovely! But just not sure when he's going to go in his own room, as if I'm getting up this many times in the night, I'd rather not have to keep going into another room!

Anyway - rant over! :) Will post some pictures soon once I get some...

No comments: